Templates Magazine - So many SEO Consultant says that blogs is much better than normal WebPages. The speed at which blogs are indexed, ability to submit to blog directories and normal directories, pings and track backs are the most considered factors. Below is some other tips for helping you driving traffic to blogs :
- Create at least four keyword posts per day. Most of the top blogs publish an average of 30 small 100-150 word posts per day.
- Submit to My Yahoo! When you submit your own RSS to My Yahoo it is automatically indexed by Yahoo.
- Submit to Google's Reader. When you submit your own blog RSS to Google's Reader the Google Blog Search will also index your site.
- Add a relevant link directory to your blog and trade links like a demon possessed! Although it may take more time than simply submitting to a search engine one time, this method is perhaps the best way to drive traffic to your site.
- Use ping sites like ping-o-matic. Ping your site every time you add a new post.
- Submit your blog to search engines such as AltaVista, Yahoo, Google, and Bing
- Submit your blog to traditional directories such as DMOZ. Directories (particularly DMOZ) increase relevance with Google.
- Submit to as many RSS Directories and Search Engines as possible. This is a simple but repetitive process that can be done with software such as RSS SUBMIT.
- Comment on other blogs. Do not just leave short, lazy comments like "I agree." Leave well thought out replies that will force readers to wonder "who wrote this?"
- Use track backs. If there is a blog that you refer to or quote and it is highly relevant to your subject, leave a track back. It increases your link popularity and may even score a few interested readers from the linked site.
- Go offline. Use newspaper ads, public bulletin boards, business cards, even stickers to let as many people as possible know your blog exists.
- Ad a link to your blog in your e-mail signature block.
- Use Groups. Find a relevant group on Google groups, Yahoo groups, MSN groups or any of the thousands of other FREE group services and find like minded people and talk with them. Make sure your use your blog URL like it is your name.
- Use Forums. Forums are one of the best places to go for advice. Go to forums and find problems to solve. Make sure you leave your blog name.
- Tag your website. Tagging is a new idea that has erupted across the web. Sites like Del.icio.us, Technorati and many others have a social feature that allows you to place your article under keywords or "tags" that everyone interested in that tag can see.
Although these are some of the most popular ways to drive traffic to your blog, do not limit your self to tips and lists. Use your imagination and you will come up with thousands of ways to drive traffic to your blog!